CURRENT AFFAIRS FOR EXAMS
Those who are seriously preparing for the Bank Clerk/ P.O, SSC , Railway, UPSC, state level competitive exams must regularly go through the current affairs at least on weekly basis as it forms major portion in Bank clerical/ probationary officer exams and also a good number of questions are generally being asked from current affairs section in other exams mentioned above.
So it is very dangerous to ignore or take the current affairs section for granted as memory plays a treacherous role in the exam and until and unless you are sure of your answer, it is definitely going to cheat you like the knowledge of Karna did with him in the battle field of Mahabarata!
For your convenience we have started a series of TOP 50 Current affairs in www.allexamtips.com. Just go through the questions and remain tension free…
TOP 50 CURRENT AFFAIRS
- Which year is ranked as Earth’s hottest year since 1880- Year 2014
- Who has been appointed as Nepal’s ambassador to India- Deep Kumar Upadhyay
- Who has appointed as state brand ambassador of Haryana Government- Baba Ramdev
- Who has resigned as Chairperson of Central Board of Film Certification- Leela Samson
- Who has been appointed as the New Chief Election Commissioner- Hari Shankar Brahma
- Who has resigned as member of Union Public Service Commission- A P Singh
- Who has been named as the winner of the Sahitya Akademi Award 2014 for Sanskrit- Prabhu Nath Dwivedi
- Name of Mobile banking facility launched by HDFC Bank- Aap Ki Muththi Mein
- Who has been appointed as the Director of Intelligence Bureau- Dineshwar Sharma
- Who has been awarded Swiss Ambassador’s Award- Azim Premji (Chairman of Wipro)
- Who won Blind Cricket World Cup for the year 2014 -India defeated Pakistan
- Which Russian opposition politician shot dead in Moscow- Boris Nemtsov
- Name of Indo-Nepal joint military exercise started in Nepal- Surya Kiran VIII
- The first Hindu Chief Justice of Pakistan who died recently- Rana Bhagwandas,
- Who became first cricketer to score Double Century in Cricket World Cup- Chris Gayle
- Who is appointed as Chief of ISRO’s Space Application Centre- Tapan Misra
- International Mother Language Day observed on -February 21
- Which company tied-up with UNICEF to provide education content in 17 African countries- Bharti Airtel Ltd
- Which State Govt decided to grant 35% reservation for women in Non-Gazetted jobs- Bihar Government?
- Who has been awarded Honorary Life Membership of Marylebone Cricket Club (MCC)- Saurav Ganguly
- Who is the new President of the Board of Control for Cricket in India (BCCI)?- Jagmohan Dalmiya
- New Chief Minister of Jammu & Kashmir- Mufti Mohammed Sayeed (PDP-BJP Alliance Govt.)
- Which Cricket player has become the fastest to reach 150 runs in ODI- AB de Villiers (South Africa) in 64 balls
- New CMD of Small Industries Development Bank of India (SIDBI) – Kshatrapati Shivaji
- Ranchi Rays won Hero Hockey India League 2015 (HHIL) by defeating Punjab Warriors.
- Who is the new Speaker of Delhi Legislative Assembly- Ram Niwas Goel
- Fragile Frontiers: the Secret History of Mumbai Terror Attacks has been written by- SK Rath.
- Arvind Kejriwal is …………..Chief Minister of Delhi- 7th
- Which State launched Himalaya Darshan Campaign- Uttarakhand.
- Sergio Mattarella is appointed as President of- Italy
- NITI Aayog- National Institution for Transforming India Aayog
- Which city recently hosted the 102nd Indian Science Congress- Mumbai
- Which French magazine recently faced a terrorist attack at its headquarter in Paris- Charlie Hebdo
- Who won Australian Open women’s tennis title- Serena Williams?
- Who is the new Foreign Secretary of India- S.Jaishankar
- Which country will host the U-19 ICC cricket World cup in February 2016- Bangladesh
- Repo rate was recently cut from 8% to 7.75%.
- Prime Minister Narendra Modi launched the nationwide ‘Beti Bachao-Beti Padhao’ campaign from Panipat, Haryana on Jan 22, 2015
- Major Mukund Varadarajan and Naik Neeraj Kumar Singh were posthumously awarded the nation’s highest peacetime gallantry award, the Ashoka Chakra, at the Republic Day parade.
- Who recently became the first batsman to score four hundred in four test series against Australia in Australia- Virat Kohli.
- PADMA VIBHUSHAN: 2015
Name of the Awardee- Discipline
1 Shri L. K. Advani- Public Affairs
2 Shri Amitabh Bachchan- Art
3 Shri Prakash Singh Badal- Public Affairs
4 Dr. D. Veerendra Heggade- Social Work
5 Shri Mohammad Yusuf Khan (Dilip Kumar)- Art
6 Shri Jagadguru Ramanandacharya Swami Rambhadracharya
7 Prof. Malur Ramaswamy Srinivasan- Science and Engineering
8 Shri Kottayan K. Venugopal- Public Affairs
9 Shri Karim Al Hussaini Aga Khan (Foreigner)-Trade and Industry